Patience Grasshopper

Patience Grasshopper 

Hmmm, Patience grasshopper - said with the deep oriental voice that we, older folk, remember so well from the David Carradine movie - Kung Fu.

patience grasshopperOld Man, how is that you hear these things?...Young man, how is it that you do not?
I want stuff to happen today. Big stuff, fireworks. I've been running for fifteen minutes so far and, "what? I haven't completed the marathon?" It is hard to keep running long after the starting gun has sounded. For some of us even around the first bend we want to quit. Patience grasshopper, my ass (as in the animal that is real stubborn and picks its own pace in life). Okay, so maybe I'm a little excited.








You need to watch this video for the rest of this post to make sense.



My sister, who actually does run marathons, once told me, she was unsure of whether she would have to quit during a race one time because she wasn't quite sure where she started in the race. She was running as hard as she could to make this one marker, it was up hill. She fell in behind this woman that was running at her pace. She chanced to look up at her jersey...
Now you have to understand my sister isn't necessarily a religious woman.
On the back of this woman's shirt was "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phillipians 4:13).
She did finish the race, in good time too. My sister is an amazing woman. Fiery, intelligent, smart and tenacious. She is my youngest sister. I have learned a lot from her, even from afar.
It is all about the falling in behind someone who has chosen a good pace and following foot step by foot step to the goal.
I believe that is what Master Po tried to teach little grasshopper. "Fall in my foot steps, keep my pace". "It may not be fast, but it is steady. Pay attention to what is happening around you while you run." "Use all of your senses".
Are you looking for a pace setter in  your life? Watch this video. Join our group. Sometimes we pick up the pace, some times we hang back, but there is always someone in our group that can set the"pace" for you. You are never alone. Remember..Patience grasshopper.
Making the magic happen,